• We believe in the necessity of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. This comes to us through the experience of conversion.
• We believe that the Bible is God’s message to all people and the only perfect authority for faith, doctrine and conduct. We also believe that the Word of God is “spirit and life” and requires of us a spiritual and living response.
• We believe in a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit, who, with the Father and Son, calls the church into being, empowers its ministry, guides its mission, and supplies the resources needed by the Church community to follow Jesus.
• We believe in the Church as the community of believers, characterized by mutual participation in and sharing new life in Christ. Membership in the Lane Avenue family is by confession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. It is open to all who believe. Uniformity in theological/creedal details is not expected. What is required is that one be “born anew to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” (1 Peter 1:3)
• We believe in the reality of freedom in Christ. We recognize that differences of opinion exist concerning theological issues, worship styles and sacramental practices. But we believe that these differences are overcome through sharing a common life in Jesus. We believe that each person is unique and so is their experience in Christ. In Jesus Christ we have freedom, constrained by His Lordship and His Holy Word.
In essentials – agreement
In the non-essentials – freedom
And in all – love.